Thursday, March 14, 2013

2012's Top "Epic" Songs

These are my favorite songs of over nine minutes in length from 2012 studio releases.

1. "Avatar" - SWANS
2. "Frozen Moment" - NINE STONES CLOSE
3. "Concerto for Piano and Electric Ensemble" - KOTEBEL
4. "Firebears" - THE TEA CLUB
5. "Prologue: Nature Morte/You're Not Welcome Here" - BATTLESTATIONS
6. "Formas-Pensamento" - VIOLETA DE OUTONO
7. "Storm Corrosion" - STORM CORROSION
8. "Pride" - MYSTERY
9. "Comrade/The Way We Grieve" - BATTLESTATIONS
10. "And I Awaken" - I AND THOU
11. "Snardom" - ANGLAGARD
12. "The Apostate" - SWANS
13. "The Fall of Bliss" Suite - METHEXIS
14. "A Piece of the Sky" - SWANS
15. "Heroes for Ghosts" - THE GATHERING
16. "The Seer" - SWANS
17. "All I Am" -  TO-MERA
18. "The Face Behind the Eyes" - I AND THOU
19. "Atlantis" - ELEPHANT9 WITH REINE FISKE
20. "Langtans Klocka" - ANGLAGARD
21. "Speak" - I AND THOU
22. "Obsession" - DISTORTED HARMONY
23. "Summoned By Bells" - BIG BIG TRAIN
24. "The Storm Before the Calm" - ANATHEMA
25. "Hide and Seek" - I AND THOU



 Honorable Mentions:
"I Shall Consume Everything" - THE TEA CLUB
"I Cannot Fly" - THINKING PLAGUE
"We Are What We Are" - RPWL
"Mother of the World" - SWANS
"Guardian Angel" - GALAHAD
"Barefoot in the Head" - ASTRA
"Ur Vilande" - ANGLAGARD
"Sorgmantel" - ANGLAGARD
"One More Moment" - RHYS MARSH & THE AUTUMN GHOST
"A Virtuous Man" - THINKING PLAGUE
"Utopia" - DISTORTED HARMONY
"Another Day" -- MYSTERY


*Bold print denotes songs that have risen into my pantheon of All-time favorite "epics."

No comments:

Post a Comment